Most Nanny and Au Pair placement services operate nation-wide, so we don’t include them on our searchable childcare map. Below are a few of the better-known Nanny and Au Pair agencies in New Zealand.
Most major Nanny and Au Pair agencies do police checks, offer the Ministry of Education 20 hour ECE subsidy and offer mediation for any problems which arise. Some agencies may also be able to offer ‘step-in’ casual carers if your Nanny or Au Pair is off sick.
- Kiwi Oz Nannies – Auckland and Wellington placements only
- Red Robin – also offer Au Pair placements
- Miss Poppins
- Nannies Plus
- Rock My Baby
- Nurture Nannies
- The Nanny Company
- Au Pair Link – the largest Au Pair agency in New Zealand
- Au Pair World – an international Au Pair and family matchmaking site
- Dream Au Pair
- Play School Au Pairs
- Au Pair New Zealand
- Red Robin – also offer Nanny placements
Is a Nanny or Au Pair Right For My Family?
Check out our guide to Nannies and Au Pairs, including costs, what to expect and how to determine if it might be a good option for your family.
Stuff has a great article about hosting an Au Pairs in your family, looking at a few Kiwi families which have had different experiences with Au Pairs.